We are committed to treating data privacy seriously. It is important that you know exactly what we do with your Personal Information.
Throughout this document, “we”, “us”, “our”, “ours”,“Nykaa”,“Nykaa Man” refer to NYKAA E-RETAIL PRIVATE LIMITED . Wherever we have said ‘you’ or ‘your’ or ‘Customer’, this means YOU
Who We Are
NYKAA E-RETAIL PRIVATE LIMITED is a company incorporated and registered under the provisions of the Companies Act, 2013 and having its registered office at 104, Vasan Udyog Bhavan, Sun Mill Compound, Lower Parel, Mumbai 400 013. Nykaa E-Retail Private Limited is engaged in the business of facilitating selling, marketing and retailing cosmetic and beauty products (“Business”) through the e-commerce Platform developed and owned by Nykaa E-Retail Private Limited and/or its parent company, and/or its affiliates or offline stores / events to conduct its Business.
Roles We Play
We play the role of a Data Controller when we collect and process Personal Information about you.
We play the role of a Data Processor when we collect and process Personal Information on behalf of another Data Controller
We commit to protecting your privacy and hence our Personal Information handling practices are continually reviewed to ensure compliance with the applicable Privacy laws and regulations
PERSONAL INFORMATION GATHERED BY NYKAA MAN
The information we learn and gather from you, personal or otherwise, is used to register you, verify your identity to permit you to use the app, undertake transactions (including to facilitate and process payments), communicate with you,convey any promotional offers, services or updates associated with NYKAA MAN, and generally maintain your accounts with us. We also use this information to customize your experience and improve NYKAA MAN.
INFORMATION YOU GIVE US:
We receive and store any information you provide while using NYKAA MAN, or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to use NYKAA MAN. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as opening your account, processing your transactions, responding to your requests, and communicating with you
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU:
We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser accesses our Services. We may also receive/store information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information for internal analysis and to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content.
We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. Depending upon the jurisdiction from where you might be accessing our Platform and as per applicable laws:
- You may be served different types of cookies such as strictly necessary cookies, performance cookies etc. For example, If you are an international user accessing our Platform, we only collect strictly necessary data for the functioning of our Platform.
INFORMATION FROM OTHER SOURCES:
We might receive information about you from other sources, such as updated delivery and address information from our carriers, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase more easily.
Categories of Personal Information
Categories of Personal Information collected and processed by us are as follows;
Demographic & Identity data
- Contact details such as Name, email address, contact number, shipping address, country, date of birth, profile picture
- Open data and public records such as information about YOU that is openly available on the internet
- Details such as Transaction amount, Bank Name, Card Type, Card number.
Online Identifiers and other Technical Data
- Location details such as data we get about your location, IP address, logs, or from where you connect a computer to the internet
- Technical details such as device information, location and network carrier when you use our mobile applications
- Communications details such as the Metadata and other Personal Information we get from communications done through e-mails, SMS, instant messages and calls
- Usage data details such as data about how you use our Platform or web-based properties, pages viewed, etc.
PURPOSES OF GATHERING YOUR Personal Information
We use your personal information to operate, provide, develop, and improve the products and services. These purposes include:
Purchase And Delivery Of Products And Services
We use your personal information to take and handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, and communicate with you about orders, products and services, and promotional offers.
Provide, Troubleshoot, and Improve Nykaa Man
We use your personal information to provide functionality, analyze performance, fix errors, and improve the usability and effectiveness of the NYKAA MAN.
Recommendations And Personalization
We use your personal information to recommend features, products, and services that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences, and personalize your experience with NYKAA MAN.
Communicate With You
We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to NYKAA MAN via different channels (e.g., by phone, e-mail, chat).
We use your personal information to display interest-based ads for features, products, and services that might be of interest to you.
Cookies and Other Trackers Used by our Digital Properties
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. Similarly, there are other types of trackers used. Likewise, Mobile Apps use requisite permissions and SDKs. These are used to make websites & apps work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the website/app.
For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org
Below are the categories of cookies used on our website along with a description of what they are used for
These cookies are needed to run our website, to keep it secure if you are logged on and to obey regulations that apply to us.
If you are a customer, they help us know who you are so that you can log on and manage your accounts. They also help us keep your details safe and private.
These cookies are used for remembering things like:
- Your user ID on the log on page
- Your region or country
- Your preferred language
- Accessibility options like large font or high contrast pages
These cookies tell us how you and our other customers use our website. We combine all this data together and study it. This helps us to:
- Improve the performance of our services
- Improve the products we provide
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. Please note disabling the ‘Strictly Necessary’ cookies may cause certain parts of our website to remain inaccessible to you.
We use other tracking mechanisms in addition to the above
- Pixel Tags
- Log Files
- Clickstream analytics
Do Not Track
Some web browsers have a “Do Not Track” feature. This feature lets you tell websites you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked. These features are not yet uniform across browsers. Our sites are not currently set up to respond to those signals.
PERSONAL Information DISCLOSURE
Nykaa Man app contains third party SDKs that collect personally identifiable information (PII). They use this information to better target users or provide elements of our products & services on behalf of us.These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies.
Nykaa Man uses three types of SDKs :
Links to the Privacy Policies of the third-party service providers used by our application are given below:
We have appropriate contracts in place with our third-party partners. This means that they cannot do anything with your Personal Information which is outside of the scope permitted by us. They hold it securely and retain it only for the period specified in our contracts with them.
We might also disclose your Personal Information to appropriate authorities if we believe that it is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation, legal process, to protect the safety of any person, to address fraud, security, or technical issues, or to protect our rights or the rights of those who use our products & services.
Reasons for disclosing your Personal Information to other parties:
We may disclose your Personal Information to others where it is lawful to do so including where we or they:
- need to provide you with products or services
- where you have initiated a payment
- have a legal obligation to do so, e.g. to assist with detecting and preventing fraud,
- have requirement in connection with regulatory reporting, litigation or asserting or defending legal rights and interests
- have a legitimate business reason for doing so
- want to send you information and promotional material regarding our products and services,
- have asked you for your consent to share it, and you’ve agreed
- Improve your online experience for using our product.
To whom your Personal Information may be disclosed:
We may disclose your Personal Information for the above purposes to other parties including:
- Other group companies and any subcontractors, agents or service providers who work for us or provide services to us or group companies (including their employees, sub-contractors, service providers, directors and officers)
- Law Enforcement Authorities, Government Authorities, courts, dispute resolution bodies, our regulators, auditors and any party appointed or requested by our regulators to carry out investigations or audits of our activities
- Statutory and regulatory bodies and authorities (including the government) investigating agencies and entities or persons, to whom or before whom it is mandatory to disclose the Personal Information as per the applicable law, courts, judicial and quasi-judicial authorities and tribunals, arbitrators and arbitration tribunals
- Overseas regulators
- Anybody else that we’ve been instructed to share your Personal Information with by you
Cross-border Data Transfer
You understand and accept that these countries may have differing (and potentially less stringent) laws relating to the degree of confidentiality afforded to the information it holds and that such information can become subject to the laws and disclosure requirements of such countries, including disclosure to governmental bodies, regulatory agencies and private persons, as a result of applicable governmental or regulatory inquiry, court order or other similar process. In addition, a number of countries have agreements with other countries providing for exchange of information for law enforcement, tax and other purposes.
We are committed to protecting your Personal Information in our custody. We take reasonable steps to ensure appropriate physical, technical and managerial safeguards are in place to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, alteration, transmission and deletion. We ensure that the third parties who provide services to us under appropriate contracts, take appropriate security measures to protect your Personal Information in line with our policies
Retention and Disposal of Data
Links to Other Websites
Our Platform is directed to be used by adults only. If you are not an adult, while you may look at our site, you should not make a purchase, register, or submit Personal Information to us. We or our associates /affiliates do not knowingly collect information from minors.
YOUR RIGHTS AS A CUSTOMER
We understand that when you interact with Nykaa Man, you have rights over your Personal Information . These rights involve providing reasonable steps to allow you to access your Personal Information, correct any errors among others. In the event that you are not satisfied with our response or have unresolved concerns, you can get in touch with us to resolve the issue by means of [email protected]
CUSTOMER GRIEVANCE REDRESSAL POLICY
Customer satisfaction is one of the key focus area and integral part of Nykaa’s founding principles and business policies. We strongly believe that customer satisfaction is the most important factor in the growth and development of our business and hence, at Nykaa we have adopted customer centricity as a priority in developing our business processes. This Customer Grievance Redressal Policy summarises and outlines the framework for addressing customer grievances.
The objective of this Grievance Policy is to provide a framework:
- to ensure provision of timely and effective resolution of issues raised by customers.
- to keep customers informed about the manner in which they can reach out to us to resolve their queries and grievances.
3.Principles governing the Grievance policy
Policy on grievance redressal is governed by the following principles:
- Customer shall be treated fairly at all times.
- Issues raised by customers are always attended with courtesy and in time.
- Customers are provided with effective and satisfactory resolution within reasonable time period.
- Customers are fully informed of avenues to escalate their issues/ grievances if they are not fully satisfied with the response to their complaints.
Any customer can reach out to our Customer Support team/ representative through telephonic or electronic mode in the following manner. (You may also access this information at https://support.nykaa.com/):
- Email customer service at
- For all local customers: [email protected]
- For international customers: [email protected]
- Call at Customer Service Desk
- Phone: 1800-267-4444 (Mon to Sat, 8AM to 10PM and Sun, 10AM to 7 PM)
- Lodge a ticket with the Customer Service Team
- The customer may. Choose to lodge a complaint at https://support.nykaa.com/submit-request.php. A ticket number shall be provided on customer’s registered email address for each complaint lodged through which the consumer can track the status of the complaint. On response/follow up calls or emails, The Customer Service representative may ask for the ticket number from the customer for verification purpose.
- Chat with our Customer Service Team
- On Nykaa App and Desktop (Mon to Sat, 8AM to 10PM and Sun, 10AM to 7 PM)
Specific complaint numbers will be given to the complaints lodged by the customers to help them track the status of their complaints.
- Customers will be offered a customer support facility during the business hours (Mon to Sat, 8AM to 10PM and Sun, 10AM to 6 PM)
Given below are the contact details, name and designation of the Grievance Officer of Nykaa. This information is provided in accordance with applicable provisions of the Information Technology Act 2000 and rules made there under and the Consumer Protection (E-Commerce) Rules, 2020:
Name: Mr. Arafat Kazi
Designation: Senior Manager - Customer Service
Address: Nykaa E-Retail Private. Ltd. 104, Vasan Udgoy Bhavan, Sun Mill Compound, Senapati Bapat Marg, Lower Parel, Mumbai 400013.
Email Id: [email protected]
Phone: 1800 267 4444
Time: Mon to Sat ( 8am to 10pm )
6.Need to Know:
- Nykaa DOES NOT solicit confidential details like your OTP/CVV/PIN/Card Number/ Bank account details through any means. Nykaa never call users/customers with offers, discounts on products and offering free gifts.
- Scamsters/fraudsters attempt various techniques such as ‘phishing’, to contact, influence and defraud consumers. Nykaa regularly cautions its customers against sharing any personal or payment sensitive information with unknown persons as such sharing leads to unauthorized use and/or fraud and consequent financial loss.
- Nykaa shall not be liable for any loss, damage, expense incurred by a customer where the customer has shared personal and/or payment sensitive information with scamsters/fraudsters.
- We also request and encourage our customers to report such attempts or incidents to our Grievance officer (or Customer care) to enable us to investigate and explore legal recourse.
- Nykaa reserves the right to divert the e-mails to [email protected] in event customers have directly written to [email protected] without exhausting the Grievance Redressal communication Procedure mentioned above
- Nykaa relies on payment partners and banks. In certain cases involving payment/refund issues, we might see a delay as that is beyond our control once we pass the investigation to them however, we try our best not to exceed timelines stated in this policy
For any further queries and complaints related to privacy under applicable laws and regulations, you could reach us at:
Contact Email Address: [email protected]
IN ACCORDANCE WITH INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY ACT 2000 AND RULES MADE THERE UNDER, THE NAME AND CONTACT DETAILS OF THE GRIEVANCE OFFICER ARE PROVIDED BELOW
GRIEVANCE/ NODAL OFFICER - CUSTOMER SERVICES
Name : Mr. Arafat Kazi
Email : [email protected]
NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES